Muscle Pain And Sorness
No matter whether you have sore muscles or pain after an intense workout, the feeling is sure to make you uncomfortable. If the pain is too severe to endure, it is best to talk to an expert. Otherwise, mild pain and discomfort can be easily dealt with the various natural remedies available in the form of supplements and essential oils.
Here Are 6 Natural Remedies For You:
- Magnesium oil and Epsom salts: Magnesium is considered a natural muscle relaxant. When mixed with Epsom salt, it helps in pulling out excess fluid from the tissue. In most cases, individuals are prone to magnesium deficiency and it generally increases with age. You can also use magnesium directly to the affected area for reducing pain and swelling.
- Heat compress: A warm bath can help in relaxing the muscles naturally. Thus, a shower is great to release the tension built up in the muscles and shoulders. Though you may also use an ice pack, research says otherwise. Cold compress slows down the healing process of the body. Therefore, it is better to take warm showers.
- Essential oils: Various essential oils and their blends are wonderful natural remedies for the treatment of sore and painful muscles. Some of the widely revered essential oils include peppermint oil, lemongrass, Roman Chamomile, basil, lavender and helichrysum. Each of these are highly effective and you should use them regularly. It can be used to treat muscle spasms, cramps and tension. Applying the oil directly may cause discomfort. Therefore, mixing the essential oil with olive or coconut oil can be useful.
Other Remedies To Heal You
- Massage: It is a well-known fact that massaging is one of the most useful natural remedies. It is great for stimulating blood circulation which paves the way for improved pace of healing. When you massage the affected area with any of the healing essential oils, you can definitely get faster relief.
- Apple cider vinegar: Yet another useful natural remedy is to gulp down the concoction of a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Still better, if you can drink the vinegar directly at one go. Many people think that the taste of the vinegar is quite annoying. In such a case, you can prepare a refreshing drink by adding fresh mint leaves, honey and ginger.
- Rest: When you are done with all the natural remedies, it is probably time to rest. When you take rest for a couple of days, it will naturally heal the muscle soreness and tension. This is because pain and soreness is often caused due to overexertion of target areas. However, make sure that you don’t rest for too long as it can make your pain worse. Always try to stick to the path of active recovery and these remedies are sure to help you in the venture.
With these natural remedies, you are definite to treat the discomfort in your muscle and lead an active life.